Hijama or Cupping Therapy – Sunnah Points on Human Body
Sunnah Points on Body
There are total 9 Sunnah Points of the body where Prophet Muhammad Sallallaho Alaihe Wasallam were performed hijama or cupping therapy. These are the sunnah points of Hijama or Cupping Therapy
Hadiths About Sunnah Points
- In Ghazwah Khyber while our beloved Prophet Muhammad s.a.w was poisoned, he took Hijamah at 3 points on the KAHIL, we feel that a cup was applied behind the heart (at the left of KAHIL), & the third was either a little bit lower to this point OR on the right side of KAHIL, Allah Knows the best.
- Abdul Razzaq narrated that, “A Jewish woman brought to Prophet Muhammad Sallallaho Alaihe Wasallam a roasted sheep that she had poisoned, while he was in Khyber. Our beloved Prophet asked, ‘What is this, She said, a gift, being careful not to say that it was from charity so that he would not eat it. Prophet Muhammad Sallallaho Alaihe Wasallam and Sahabah (his companions) ate from the sheep, then our beloved Prophet said, “Stop eating”. He said to the woman, ‘Did you poison this sheep?’ She said, “Who told you that” ? He said, this bone,’ meaning the ewe’s leg that he had in his hand. She said, “Yes”. He said, ‘Why?’ She said, I thought that if you were a liar, the people would be relieved from you. However, if you were a true Prophet, it would not harm you.’ Prophet Muhammad Sallallaho Alaihe Wasallam then used HIJAMAH (cupping) thrice on the KAHIL (upper part of his back) and commanded that his Companions do the same. Yet, several of them died.”
- Narrated by Ibn Majah, on the authority of Ali Radi Allaho Anh that angel JIBREEL advised Prophet Muhammad Sallallaho Alaihe Wasallam for Hijamah at Akhda’ain (posterior jugulars) and KAHIL (upper back ~ between the shoulders).
- Reported by Abdullah Bin Bujainah Radi Allaho Anh that Prophet Muhammad Sallallaho Alaihe Wasallam took Hijamah on the center of his head (Yafookh) and he was in Ehraam while his journey to Makkah. (Name of the place where they stopped is mentioned as Lahyi Jamal)
- Abu Dawood narrated that Jabir Radi Allaho Anh said that Prophet Muhammad Sallallaho Alaihe Wasallam used Hijamah (wet cupping) on his hip because of a debilitation he suffered from.
Reported by Anas Radi Allaho Anh that (while in Ehraam), Prophet Muhammad Sallallaho Alaihe Wasallam took Hijamah on the top of his foot due to the pain in that area. Narrated by Abu Dawood.